Tuesday 31 October 2017

No regrets not winning the Premier League


Football legend Austin Jay Jay Okocha has revealed that he has no regrets not winning the Premier League title during his time at Bolton Wanderers. In mid-2000, Bolton were regulars at the top end of the Premier League table with Okocha as a main stay in their midfield. Speaking to Goal.com, the former footballer revealed that he was happy to help the club qualify for the Europa League and challenge for
European places. "I have no regrets that I did not win the Premier League’

He said. “I would have been regretting my time in England if I had not left any legacy. Some people are lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time; they won even without playing many games. But, the most important thing for me is the opportunity.  "I think I maximized my opportunity at Bolton, changing the mindset of the people from when I arrived till the time I left. Bolton was one of the relegation candidates when I got there but we took the club to another level and even had the opportunity to play for the first time in the Europa League’ he enthused.
The Super Eagles legend however admits the club never set out to challenge the title.
"So when I look back at what I achieved at Bolton, I think it makes me happy because it was never on our agenda to go for the title", he said.
The Super Eagles legend joined Bolton in 2002 on a free transfer from PSG and spent four years at the club.
Ronaldo have announced that his unborn daughter will be named Alana Martina
With just few weeks to her birth, World best player Cristiano Ronaldo and partner Georgina Rodriguez, have revealed the name of their unborn daughter. Ronaldo, who already has three children, is expecting his first child with girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez in November; and now the wait to know the name of the little girl is over as Ronaldo and his partner have announced that their baby will be named Alana
Martina. They made this known in a live broadcast via Instagram. Ronaldo went live to his 113million Instagram followers on Friday evening, October 27, to make the announcement.
He said: "I chose the first name and Gio the second. “The name of my daughter will be Alana Martina. I just wanted to share this with you. I think it is a beautiful name." Georgina Rodriguez on her part, told
viewers that the couple's first child together is due in just 25 days. Alana Martina will be Ronaldo’s fourth child but his first with Rodriguez.
Former Nigerian International dies in Horrific Car Crash.
Former Nigerian international and former University of Indianapolis basketball player Omokhoje ‘Daniel’ Daudu died in a crash on I-65 on the early morning of Friday, October 27, in Indianapolis. Omokhoje was
pronounced dead at the scene after police responded to the area of mile marker 106 on the south side on reports of a serious accident. The 28-year-old was killed when a large part broke off the rear of a
northbound semi tractor-trailer and struck Daudu’s 2012 Buick Lacrosse as he was driving southbound around 5:30 a.m. Omokhoje was a 6’1″ guard for UIndy from 2010-2013. During his last season as a Greyhound, Daudu played in 26 games with 10 starts and averaged 5.2 points, 1.8 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 0.8 steals per game. The university released a statement regarding the passing of Daudu: “The University of Indianapolis mourns the loss of Daniel Daudu, who is a well-loved alumnus and former student athlete. During his time on campus, Daniel impacted our entire community. Daniel will be
remembered for his athleticism, sense of humor, generous smile and compassion for others. Our hearts and prayers go out to Daniel’s family, friends, UIndy basketball and the entire UIndy family.” Also the late Daudu graduated in 2015 with a degree in marketing.
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

By Mercy Kukah

No comments:

Post a Comment