Who doesn't want a complexion that radiates good health? But what is the glow and how can you get it? That coveted glow women seek is the result of light reflecting from facial skin. When the skin surface is not smooth, the glow disappears. Here are four reasons why that glow may be eluding you:
You don't have an even skin tone.
The texture of your skin is uneven, i.e. you have rough and dry skin, open pores, deep whiteheads, old acne scars, etc.
Your facial skin is losing structural support. As the fat under the skin moves and displaces with age, valleys and hills are created that keep your skin surface from looking smooth.
Also, make sure you eat and sleep on time and are not stressed. Your overall health and state of mind also contribute to a glowing skin. Once you've got that sorted, you can include the following steps in your skincare regimen.
1. Exfoliate regularly with a gentle scrub. You could either choose from a foam-based face wash with fine exfoliating beads or make a scrub at home with sugar and honey or yogurt (make sure the sugar granules are fine in texture). Exfoliating sloughs away dead skin cells and helps with open pores and acne scars. Don't ignore your lips--they need exfoliation too!
2. Moisturize well. You could use a heavier formula if you have fine lines and wrinkles.
3. Eat foods rich in antioxidants like Vitamin C, daily.
4. Use a sunscreen every day, without fail. This will prevent any unevenness of skin tone from getting worse.
5. Use a skin brightening face pack if you have an uneven skin tone.
6. Get a facial done at your salon every 20 to 30 days.
BY STEPHANIE E. HEMEN