Thursday 12 July 2018

Drama As Wedding Photographer Beats Up Groom For Marrying 15-Year-Old Girl



A wedding photographer identified as Onur Albayrak, who is from the eastern Turkish province of Malatya, was paid to cover a wedding ceremony. However, things went south for the groom when Onur discovered that the bride did not look of age. According to Hurriyet Daily News, Onur reportedly asked the groom about her age, when the groom admitted that she was 15, Albayrak refused to continue and attempted to stop the wedding.

The two men soon started fighting, and the groom’s nose was broken in the quarrel. Onur took to his Facebook page to admit what he did, stating that he did not regret his actions.

He wrote on, “Thanks to all friends who have been able to see this news for two days and write a message that needs to Yes, unfortunately, the situation is that I wish it hadn't happened, but it happened again, I'm not going to do it again, I'll say yes no one is sorry, child bride is also child abuse in my eyes and no force can take a picture of me"

“The groom had come to my studio some two weeks ago and was alone. I saw the bride for the first time at the wedding. She’s a child, and I felt her fear because she was trembling. The groom attacked me as I was leaving,” Albayrak said, stating that he was all too happy to 'reciprocate' the groom's reaction. This is just one among many child marriages happening across Turkey, despite it being against the law. According to Turkish law, the minimum age to marry for both men and women is 18. Only in exceptional situations a judge order is required to marry off 17 year olds. It is not legal to marry younger in any condition in Turkey.

By Mercy Kukah

No comments:

Post a Comment