Honey is also loaded with health benefits and the two together can keep your immune system operating at its best. Although garlic and honey have good benefits for the body, you should still be careful in using both. For honey, make sure you choose pure honey instead of mixed honey and do not dab garlic on your skin to avoid burns.
Below are some health benefits of garlic and honey.
1. It improves the quality of your blood stream: garlic promotes the production of gastric juices which are essential for the correct absorption of iron. In addition to that, it’s rich in vitamins and minerals, so by consuming it you enrich your bloodstream. It also reduces cholesterol and a triglyceride level so it prevents your blood from thickening, allowing it to flow normally which helps prevents cardiovascular problems.
2. It protects your defenses: garlic helps your immune system stay stronger, helping to defend you against microbes and bacteria. It’s also important to keep immune system in a healthy state to avoid critical conditions like cancer.
3. It helps you lose weight: honey is very satisfying. When you consume garlic with honey on an empty stomach it nourishes you while also reducing your craving for food. This reduces stress and the production of cortisol.
4. It reduces inflammation: if you have chronic pain, add honey and garlic to your diet. Not only would it relax you, you would need fewer painkillers or ibuprofen.
5. It is a source of energy: honey will provide you with that extra short of energy, without any side effect.
BY MAIMUNA BAGUDU