Tuesday 11 October 2016

MY HOPES AND DREAMS FOR MY CHILDREN


“I think that the best thing we can do for our children is to allow them to do things for themselves, allow them to be strong, allow them to experience life on their own terms, allow them to take the subway... let them be better people, let them believe more in themselves.” 

-- C. JoyBell C.      





My name is Deborah E. I am a mother of two beautiful kids. My dreams for my children are big and I strongly believe they are achievable with determination and persistence. I do not hesitate to ring it in their ears to enable them grow each new day with the mind of achieving them.

During this past weekend, my son turned 17 on Sunday.  I still remember him at age 3 wanting to play his letter and number games on the PlayStation. My daughter turns 12 next month and finishing up her first year in school. I still remember her first birthday cupcake that she totally demolished so much so that you would swear she had a small version of full-size cake instead.

Times have flown by, but I still keep the same dreams and visions for both of them.  I only want the best for my children.  I definitely want them to succeed in life and do much better than I did. I definitely do not want them to miss out opportunities that both their father and I did not get to experience. This goes out to parents who want to see their children fulfilled in life. As parents, it is our duty to help our children achieve their goals in life, starting from their childhood. Educate them on everything and anything. Let them know your hope and dream for them and lead them through every step until they achieve them.



HERE ARE SOME OF MY HOPES AND DREAMS FOR MY CHILDREN THAT YOU MIGHT WANT TO ADOPT
1.     Have fun in life and live a little, but understand the consequences.  I want them to be able to go out and have a good time.  I want them to live a life where they can take part in celebrations and parties.  I also want them to be responsible in their decisions and not act foolishly. I make them understand that there are consequences for every action they may choose to take, whether positive or negative.
2.     Do not be afraid of taking risks in life and not be afraid of failure.  I want them to be able to do things in their lives that will challenge both of them.  I see big things for them, but it is up to them to be able to go out and get them.  In order to get those big things in life, they have to take a risk and sometimes stumble once in a while. I will always be there for them when they need me for support, but they have to make the moves on their own without my guidance.
3.     Dream big and follow your dreams.  I wish I had the initiative to work towards my dreams sooner in life. I do not want to see them making the same mistakes as me. I want them to find their passion and follow it no matter where it goes. I want them to know what they want in life on their own.
4.     Start and finish college before exploring the world.  I took an extra 15 years until I received my undergraduate degree. It took a little bit longer because I did not focus on completing what I started.  I also took time to raise my son and daughter until my divorce with their father. It was not until that divorce that I started to get my life back on track.  I would like to see both of my children finish their undergraduate degree in 4 to 5 years. I am hoping my two Master's degrees plant some seeds to get them to see the benefits of a college education.

5.      Get to know yourself and love who you are before loving someone else.   It is important that my kids find who they truly are before entering a relationship with someone else. I found that the hard way that I needed to love myself and know who I am before I can enter a relationship with someone else.  It is hard to love someone if you do not love yourself.
6.     Find someone who will love you for who you are - not what you are not.   It is important to find someone who will not want to change who they really are. It is not worth being with someone who does not love them for who they are or try to make them change. Unconditional love is very important in a relationship.
7.     Remember to give back to the community and fight for what you believe in.   I have a strong belief that it is important to speak up when you see something that you know is not right.  It is important to not remain silent for things that need to be supported. It is also important to help your community and give back to those who need it the most.
8.     Live a life with no regrets.   If you do not do something that you missed out on because of fear or not working harder towards your dreams, regrets cannot fix anything.  Take the world in your hands. Life is an adventure.  Travel and explore your world outside of what you live right now.  I do not have any regrets having both of them, am grateful to have both of them in my life.  I want them to have no regrets in their lives.
9.     Be happy!  Does it need to be that simple?  Yes, it does. Happiness comes from the heart. A happy person is a person who loves himself, appreciates life and wants to live no matter what it takes as feeling otherwise will not make you feel any better. Happy people are healthy people and healthy people are long lasting people. I encourage them to be happy any time any day no matter the situation they find themselves. Happiness lessens depression.

 


These are the dreams and hopes that I have for my children. I hope to see big things for my children in the future.  I am very proud of them right now and know that they will do great things.




No comments:

Post a Comment