Thursday 13 October 2016

CELEBLINE


ENTERTAINMENT NEWS



Bukky Ajayi Dies At 82

Zainab Bukky Ajayi, a veteran Nollywood actress, died at the age of 82, according to reports. Although the cause of her death is not known, report have it that she must have died of a heart-related illness.

Until her death, she won many awards, including the Industry Merit Award at the African Magic Viewer choice Awards (AMVCA), where she was received with a standing ovation.

Ajayi started her career in Nigeria as a newscaster on National Television Authority (NTA). “Mama Bukky Ajayi”, as she was popularly called, appeared in “Village Headmaster”, a television series in the 7os. One of her popular movies is “Thunderbolt”.

She studied at the institute of Drama in London. She was born into a Christian family but converted to Islam in the ‘80s, adopting the name Zainab. She will be remembered for her impeccable use of the Queen’s English, her vivid interpretation of movie roles and, of course, her very emotional speech at the AMVCA.




It’s Sad to Label me a Mere Dancer, I Created P-Square - Peter Okoye

Peter Okoye of the P-Square fame says he is saddened when people regard him as “only a mere dancer in the group”.

He said apart from being the main dancer in his crew with twin brother, Paul, he set up the structure for P-Square. He also emphasised that he is a creative person who does quite a lot.

He said, “I don’t think there are so much challenges because even on tour as P-Square, I was the one doing the whole structure and trying to get things done properly. I will say it in front of the camera. I do a lot. For me, there is no challenge because I say the things that I know. I say the things that I let people know.

“I have been a creative person. I am a very creative person but people still look at me as a mere dancer. It hurts, but at the end of the day, I am still a very creative person”.




Tiwa Savage Named “Hero of the Month” Award by Reel Africa

The beautiful singer was named as Reel Africa’s Hero of the Month and she was overwhelmed as she received the award.

She said, “I was presented with the ‘Hero of the Month’ Award by the lovely people at Reel Africa. It was such an honour to receive this and it really means a lot to me. Making music is just part of my story. Touching lives and using my platform to make a change, no matter how little, is ultimately the goal and this award just reminds me of how important that is. A huge thank you to Matthew Mensah, you have been such a sweetheart and an incredible help to me.”

Congratulations to her.




Is D’Banj Really Married?

Nigerian singer D’Banj has finally opened up on the alleged rumour that he secretly married a 24-year-old undergraduate of the University of Abuja, Didi Kilgrow.

The singer has categorically denied the rumours, saying he had no secret registry wedding with anyone.

His manager, Frank, said in a press statement, “D’Banj did not do any secret wedding. He had a private event meant for only family and friends and how that turned to a marriage ceremony is what I don’t know. Some people obviously don’t understand simple English and we would not dignify them with response on such false tell.”




I Want People to Follow My Good Example - 2Baba

Nigerian music legend, 2face Idibia, who now goes by the name 2Baba, in a recent interview with CNBC Africa on his immense growth as an individual and singer and noted that he would like people to follow in his footsteps.

He spoke on inspiring quite a number of people through his music, adding that he has had people come to him to say they achieved success by following his example. He said, “I have heard people say that I have mentored them. I would like to say that I am just doing my own thing and I am trying to grow and if you see the positive ways that I am following, follow it. I am human. Many things take place in people’s lives so I want them to follow my good example”.




Kenneth Okonkwo Adores New-born Son

Nollywood actor, Kenneth Okonkwo, is still overwhelmed with the fact that he is now a father. While committing Kenechukwu to God and doting on him profusely, he wrote: “O God my hands are too small to carry Kenechukwu. I commit him into your mighty hands in Jesus’ name. It’s neither he that planneth nor he that watereth, but God that maketh the increase. Amazing how Kenechukwu is growing. It can only be God. To him be the glory. God is love. I thank God every day for the gift of you. That is why your name has to be Kenechukwu. We are one big and happy family, we thank God and thank you for your prayers.”

Kenneth and his wife Ifeoma welcomed their baby at St. Joseph Medical Centre, USA, in May 2016 after nine years of marriage without a child.




Iyanya Set to Launch His Own Record Label, Announces New Album

Triple MG co-founder, Iyanya, has announced that he will be going ahead to launch his own record label soon, and will also be releasing a new album.

This came as a shock to fans who are still confused as to whether the kukere star who co-founded Triple MG has parted ways with his friend and long-time business partner, Ubi Franklin.

It could be recalled that songstress Emma Nyra was the first to leave the record label last year after reportedly having personal differences with label boss, Ubi Franklin.





Funke Akidele Engaged to JJC.
Nollywood actress Funke Akindele is trying to tell us something with her latest photos on Snapchat. Seems like rapper, JJC Skillz, has finally put a ring on it as the actress tried everything possible to flaunt her ring finger sporting a charming band.
JJC has been dating the leading Nollywood actress for some months now and it seems marriage is now in the offing.
Just recently, Moe Musa was said to have reportedly vacated the home of JJC Skillz, over his fiancée Funke, which is just as well, seeing as the love birds are headed to the altar.
The actress took to the photo sharing app of several shots of herself on her way to London. The leading music video director, who has reportedly been living in the singer's boys quarters, is said to have moved out to give the love birds some space.
Funke separated from husband, Kehinde Almaroof, in 2013 while JJC has three children from three women.

Mike Ezuronye, Chris Attoh and Kpopedi Lilokoe Named as 2016 AMAA Hosts
Actors who have made a name for themselves in Nollywood, Mike Ezuronye and Chris Attoh, will be hosting the 2016 Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) alongside South African, Kgopedi Lilokoe.
The awards night is slated to hold in Port Harcourt after nine consecutive editions in Bayelsa state, one in Abuja, Lagos, and South Africa respectively.
Iretiola Doyle, Omoni Oboli, Dakore Akande and Nse Ikpe-Etim are jointly nominated for the best female lead act alongside Zina Ojei, Adesua Etomi and Fulu Mogoveni.








No comments:

Post a Comment