Monday 18 November 2019

ACTRESS AJAI-LYCETT SPEAKS ON BECOMING A MOM AT 15 YEARS, AND A DROPOUT AT 16 YEARS OLD

Image result for Taiwo Ajai-Lycett"

- Nollywood actress and life coach, Taiwo Ajai-Lycett, has opened up on her life experiences 

- In an interview, she recounted how she became a mother at the age of 15

- Ajai- Lycett also spoke about being widowed at 52 and walking out on her second marriage which was abusive Indeed, when life gives one lemons, making lemonades is often the best option to go with.

She opened up on her tumultuous past and how she moved on from several heartbreaking experiences and never let it define her. She revealed in the interview how she became a mother at the tender age of 15 and was made to drop out of school by age 16. In her words: "I was 15 years old when I had a child. I became a teenage mother. By 16, I was on my own.My father wanted me to abort the pregnancy at first. But my mother thought I was a young girl. I was a baby. So, she had to spirit me away. I had the baby somewhere in Yaba. But after delivery, my father got attached to the baby. The child became his playmate.”

She stated that despite being tagged a promiscuous girl and being ignored by her father, she never gave up on bettering herself. Her father insisted that the man who got her pregnant, Adebanji Adefolaju, must marry her and he agreed. Adefolaju however, died in the Lalupon train disaster on September 29, 1957. 
Image result for Taiwo Ajai-Lycett"

A while after, she moved to the UK after a friend of a friend proposed marriage to her. Against her father's wishes, she left for the UK and got married to the man identified as David Akinduro, the following morning. But she soon found out he was an abusive man who tried to prevent her from growing despite she being the one financially responsible for his schooling. So when he finished and became an accountant, she divorced him and moved into her own apartment to start her life afresh.


BY SHAMSIYA BARAU AHMED

No comments:

Post a Comment