Tuesday 31 December 2019

THE YUMMY ROASTED PLANTAIN


HEALTH BENEFITS OF  PLANTAIN:
Plantains are rich sources of complex carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals, and are easily digestible. As a staple food, plantains have been the main fare of millions of people for centuries. 


ABOUT ROASTED PLANTAIN:

Unlike dessert bananas, plantains are almost always cooked before eating. In fact, they taste pretty awful raw, so don’t be tricked by their banana-like features. There are days when even the most enthusiastic cook craves the simplest of foods. Foods that are utterly easy and incredibly fast to make and yet taste divinely delicious.
I came up with this dish because I found a huge bag of plantains at the supermarket and loving plantains as much as I do, I didn’t want to let go of what looked like a great bargain. But I didn’t have a ton of time to spend sautéing them as I usually do, so I decided instead to roast them and let the oven do all the work -- not really the oven though even a coal can..


Plantains are great for roasting because the natural sugars in them caramelize easily, giving them a beautiful, shiny, golden, crispy coating in almost no time at all. You can try mixing all kinds of spices in this depending on how easy or exotic you want your dish to be. All I did was sprinkle it with some seasoning, a pinch of salt and some garlic powder. I can’t think of the last time I made a dish that was so easy but so good-looking and ravishingly delicious. you can take it with stew, sauce etc. ENJOY.....


BY: UMMU KHULTHUM ABDULKADIR

No comments:

Post a Comment